According to Pew Research, the number of Americans over the age of 65 will almost double by the year 2050. Over 70% of Americans under the age of 65 believe they will receive less Social Security benefits than the government promised, or no benefits at all.
A joint study by the Insured Retirement Institute and the Center for Generational Kinetics found that 60% of Millennials believe retirement planning is harder than sticking to a diet or exercise regimen. Only 20% of Millennials are “actively preparing” for retirement.
No matter what your age is, planning for retirement doesn’t have to be this hard. Working with an advisor to develop a plan and making small changes in financial habits can be a game changer when it comes to securing your financial future.
Our offices provide resources for individuals and couples looking to develop a retirement lifestyle plan, estimate their Social Security benefits, open and/or roll over 401(k) and IRA plans, discuss pension and Simplified Employee Pension plans, develop a recession strategy, begin estate or business succession planning, and more.
- Let Bodnar Financial help you answer questions like these:
- How much money will I need to save to comfortably retire someday?
- Can I afford to retire right now?
- Are we spending too much too early in our retirement?
- Can we afford to lend money to our children?
- Should we keep or sell our home? Is it time to downsize?
- When should I start taking Social Security?
- Are my affairs in order if something were to happen to me?