Founder, CFP®, CIMA®
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 973-966-6939
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
- Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA®)
- FINRA Series 6, 7, 22, 24, 63
- Registered Representative of Cambridge Investment Research
- Bachelor of Arts, Hobart College, 1981
- Five Star Wealth Manager award-winner, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2019, 2020
- “Advisor of the Year” by the NJ Chapter of the National Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors (NAIFA), 2013
- Inducted into the NJ Lacrosse Hall of Fame, 2015
- “Man of the Year” by the NJ Lacrosse High School Coaches Association, 2009
- Treasurer of the New Jersey chapter of NAIFA
- Chairman of the Board of the Morris County Unit of the American Cancer Society
- President and Treasurer of the NJ Chapter of US Lacrosse and Madison Jr. Lacrosse Club
- Board Member of the Rahway State Prison Lifers Advisory Board (as seen in the made for TV movie “Scared Straight”)
- President of the Clark Kiwanis Club
- Municipal Councilman of Clark, NJ
- Member of the Trust for Historic Preservation
- Member of the Cabrini College Board of Trustees
- Founder of the largest youth lacrosse festival in New Jersey known as the Platypus Invitational Lacrosse Festival
John Bodnar, CFP®, CIMA®, founded Bodnar Financial in 1988 and serves as its president and chief executive officer. For more than 30 years, he has created all-inclusive financial plans and specialized in the management of major life events, including: sudden wealth, divorce, corporate downsizing, the death of a spouse, and more. His practice has grown almost entirely through referrals from happy clients.
John is a six-year winner of the prestigious Five Star Wealth Manager award* and a frequent guest lecturer at New Jersey universities, private companies, and community organizations. His advice has been published in several national news publications, including Forbes, MarketWatch, U.S. News & World Report, MSNBC, Money Magazine, TheStreet, Newsday, Registered Rep, and more.
After reading that 1 in 4 marriages end over money problems, John designed one of the first financial planning programs in the country for Pre-Cana (pre-marriage) classes in the Catholic Church, which has become part of the official diocese curriculum. Through this volunteer class, John has mentored over 1,000 couples on financial planning and was featured in Money Magazine for his innovative approach to community service.
Above all, he is grateful for over 35 years of happy marriage to Madison native, Karen Fielding. John and Karen called Madison home for 26 years, where they raised a daughter Jackie and son John. They enjoy five grandsons: John Thomas (JT), Brody, Trey, Sammy, and Boyden.
Licenses and Certifications
Awards and Recognitions
Past Community Involvement
* To receive the Five Star Wealth Manager award, individuals must satisfy a series of eligibility and evaluation criteria associated with wealth managers who provide services to clients. Recipients are identified through research conducted by industry peers and firms. Third party rankings and recognitions from rating services or publications are not indicative of past or future investment performance. For more information, go to www.fivestarprofessional.com. To receive the NAIFA award, individuals must demonstrate outstanding dedication to his Industry, Community, and Family. Recipients are not based on investment performance. Voted on by the Board of Directors- N.J. Chapter of National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors.